Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sophie's Choice

On Sunday morning I had the pleasure of having lunch with one of my dearest friends and fellow bakery foodie at Flour Bakery, my favorite bakery in Boston.  It is tradition that when ever we go we have to have the oreos...because they are life changing.  And if we are lucky, they have their peppermint oreos out.

It was like Christmas morning...not only did they have the regular oreos out already, but they had the peppermint oreos AND flavored marshmallows!!! Just when I think Joanne Chang (owner of Flour) can't top herself and all the amazing things she serves, she adds flavored marshmallows to her menu.  Fact: she is my hero.  So just when I think it can't be a more perfect morning at Flour, my friend tells me that they are now serving these Nutella and banana grilled sandwiches!  (And as noted before, Nutella is one of my most favorite things in the world). 

Now if you have been to Flour before and been lucky enough to have tried their BLT you would know it is glorious, which is what I had my heart set on before the news of the Nutella sandwich was announced.  All I can say is that it was like Sophie's Choice.  How is a foodie like me supposed to make a decision like that??!  In the end I ended up having the BLT because that is what I had been fantasizing about all morning...but next time the Nutella-banana sandwich and I will be introduced...and knowing how Flour never lets me down, I know it will be glorious!  I am continually impressed by that bakery...they can do no wrong.

Flour Bakery has two locations: 

Fort Point Channel: 12 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210
South End: 1595 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02118

No comments:

Post a Comment