Thursday, March 15, 2012

Why I Love My Job

Today started off with a school visit at St. Mary's Preschool in Hudson, Ohio. Let me just preface this by saying that I love all the visits I get to do, whether it is a school, bookstore, or library, but preschools are my favorite. Because only in preschool do the kids make statements rather than ask questions. And they are hilarious! These are some of my personal favorites from today:

"I'm going to LegoLand."

"My mom has a baby in her belly."

"My sister hates squash." (Naturally this was said during my reading of A Garden For Pig)

"I don't have any pants on." (not to worry, this child was wearing a skort)

"I like eggs."

And then, when they do ask questions, they sound like this:

"I love cupcakes, ice cream, and Ovaltine. Do you like Ovaltine?"

"You have pink nails. Do you like to paint your nails?"

"Do you want to come to my birthday party?" (it's going to be in October, by the way)

"Did you see my boo boo?" (points to scab)

This is one of the reasons I love my job so much. I get to hang out with little kids who approach the world with open hearts and wonderful imaginations. They are also hilarious to talk to. And they make really awesome artwork:











And sometimes I get something like this in the mail that makes my whole day:



Note the pink foam heart sticker above on the left, it's my favorite.

Thank you to all the staff and children from St. Mary's for such a wonderful event today. I had a blast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment